Friday 23 September 2011

Cons today

hi peeps,

having a good day?
well I just want to share my story regarding my conservative class this morning.
basically today we need to do "Class 2" amalgam restoration on primary teeth.So we need to do cavity preparation like above picture.

Before that let's do some Dental class
for amalgam restoration in primary. the ideal depth of cavity is 1.5mm,if not the pulp which have nerve supply will be exposed and makes patient feel sensitive/pain.
if the pulp is exposed we need to put "liner" to protect the pulp.so that the pulp is not been traumatize.
"liner"

what is pulp horn?
pulp horn is an elongation of the pulp of the tooth that extends toward the cusp.
so , easy to say Pulp horn is actually the tips of the pulp/the highest point of pulp nearing the occlusal surface.:D

-------------------------------------------

okay,back to my story telling.
please take note that for this cons class,u are given 2 hour to finish two "class 2" amalgam restoration.Means,U have limited Time to be used wisely,and trust me it was hectic!
So I already done with my cavity preparation ,so I asked Dr to check.


me:Dr, please check for my cavity prep on 85
Dr:*sit,take mirror and probe,and she start examine my work
me:***bismillah,bismillah,oklah,oklah!!!(in my mind)
becoz I knew I do slightly deep which is 1.8mm deep at central part.hope she did not realize it!*
Dr:Afif,the occlusal surface at the center is quite deep,what do you think you need to do?
me:*being protective I said* i do not think we need to do anything Dr,just do normal amalgam filling beeeecaussseeeee the part that slightly deep is far away from the "pulp horn."

(I add "because"!!!!!! and add my reasons just to avoid lining!! #lazyDrtobe)

Dr:how many pulp horn do this teeth have?
me:eeerrrrrmmmmmm,2......(**thank you afif for the PULP HORN question*!!! I hentam at first coz I don't know)
Dr:For this tooth~~molar!!~~
me:*remembered that 85 have 3 roots so I said* owh 3 Dr!
Dr:where are they located?
me:here,here,here /sini.sini.sini *with my index finger pointing*
Dr:where is here?
me:owh distobuccal,mesiobuccal and palatal #nervous
Dr:okay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a looooonnnnng halt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,put lining~~then show it to me back. !
me:%^))(*%#@!!~~@#$%%


****!!!!!!! PUT LINING !!! huarhg!!!!!! #pullhair #scream #faint
my aims to save time and put aside lining failed~~~huarghhhh

moral of the story:If Dr ask u a question,be humble yet smart is the best policy!!!





No comments: